NuVision Engineering’s H1000 telerobtic manipulator and control system was developed specifically for the nuclear industry as a heavy¬duty hydraulic manipulator and is ideally suited to the typically arduous decommissioning and size-reduction tasks encountered within the nuclear industry. It is regularly used to assist in such decommissioning tasks as volume reduction, waste retrieval operations and general nuclear processing.
The H1000 is modular in design, and has proven through a variety of numerous different applications to be a flexible work platform.
Previous applications include:
- Decommissioning an active handling cell, requiring 25 kg capacity
- Waste retrieval system requiring vertical mast mounted system with 200 kg capacity.
- Remove in-cell wash system for refurbishment; 100 kg capacity
- Waste handling and size reduction in a PIE cell
- Decontamination of a reactor facility
- Nuclear process plant maintenance using through-tube mount
- Activated waste vault emptying, removing 80 m³ of waste
- Decommissioning of nuclear plant
The manipulators are designed and built in the U.S. at NuVision Engineering’s facility in Pittsburgh, PA. Currently, there are over 20 in operation around the world with more than 100,000 hours of operational experience, proving that the H1000 is a heavy duty, high-payload, very reliable manipulator for use in radioactive and harsh environments.